Podcasts: Sunday Journal
Sunday Journal is Cape Cod Broadcasting’s award-winning news and public affairs program. Since 1979, Sunday Journal has provided a forum for issues that are important to Cape Codders.
Subscribe to Cape Cod Broadcasting’s Sunday Journal Podcast.
You may listen to the Sunday Journal live on any Sunday during the follow times:
So…what’s a podcast?
A podcast is a series of audio or video digital-media files which is distributed over the Internet by syndicated download, through RSS web feeds, to portable media players and personal computers.
You may subscribe to the Sunday Journal podcast with any web-based podcatcher and will automatically be notified when new content is added.
Subscribe to Cape Cod Broadcasting’s Sunday Journal Podcast.
Listen below to the Sunday Journal Podcasts
Note: Due to the length of each segment the file sizes are large
and may take a few minutes or more to download.
- Solarize Wellfleet – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- The effort to increase solar power on Cape is discussed by Dick Elkin, he oversees the Solarize Wellfleet program, he’s in studio with Rob Woodard to discuss the initiative making it possible for homeowners to get credit for installing solar panels.
- Women’s Hockey East – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- Matt McCarthy discusses the return to Hyannis of the Women’s Hockey East Championship Tournament. With him is Joe Izzo of the Hyannis Youth and Community Center and Patty Lloyd of the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.
- Sea Term – Sunday Journal 3/02/2014
- Rob Woodard is joined by Captain Thomas Bushy of the Mass Maritime Academy and two cadets from the academy, the three of them just returned from their 58 day Sea Term, they will be discussing their experiences.
- Cape Cod Foundation – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- The CCF is celebrating its 25th anniversary, Executive Director Kristen O’Malley and Chair Eileen Miskill will discuss the anniversary and the foundation’s ongoing work.
- Sheriff Jim Cummings – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- Barnstable County Sheriff Jim Cummings is in to discuss the correctional facility’s award winning drug rehab program.
- Barnstable Cultural District – Sunday Journal 2/23/2014
- Melissa Hersh, Ann Canedy and Roberta Miller discuss the effort to create a cultural district in Barnstable Village.
- STEM program – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Ellen Spear, Director of the Heritage Museums and Gardens and the Director of Preschool Education talks about a new preschool STEM program at the Heritage Museums and Gardens.
- Girl Scouts Anti Bullying – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Girl Scouts from Mashpee are conducting an anti bullying campaign to earn a prestigious award.
- Sandwich Postcards – Sunday Journal 2/16/2014
- Dan McCready explores post cards from sandwich, an exhibit at the Sandwich Glass Museum.
- Private Land Trusts – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Mark H. Robinson, Executive Director of The Compact of Cape Cod Conservation Trusts, Inc. discusses putting land aside for conservation and some of the benefits for property owners.
- Airstation Cape Cod – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Aviation Maintenance Technician First Class Phil Davis of the Coast Guard talks with Rob Woodard about what is involved in handling flight mechanics and logistics for a very busy Coast Guard Air Station.
- Joseph Bucklin Bishop – Sunday Journal 2/09/2014
- Mashpee writer Chip Bishop discusses his latest book “The Lion and the Journalist: The Unlikely Friendship of Theodore Roosevelt and Joseph Bucklin Bishop.”
- Snowy Owls – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Mark Faherty, science coordinator at the Massachusetts Audubon Society’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, discusses the appearances of Snowy Owls on Cape Cod.
- CCRTA Area Improvements – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Tom Cahir will discuss the consideration being given to tying development in downtown Hyannis with an eye toward improvement in transportation and better curb appeal in the area.
- Cape Cod SWAT – Sunday Journal 2/2/2014
- Barnstable police officers Michael Damry and Jonathan Pass were among the thousands who combed the streets of Watertown on April 19th for the suspected Marathon bomber. We’ll hear their stories firsthand.
- Winter Wild Animals – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- Deborah Robbins Millman, director of the Cape Wildlife Center in Barnstable, and Lynn Miller Director of Wildlife Rehabilitation at Cape Wildlife Center, discuss challenges that animals face during winter storms.
- 208 Plan Update – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- Paul Niedzwiecki, Executive Director of the Cape Cod Commission provides an update on a wastewater management plan for Cape Cod.
- War of 1812 – Sunday Journal 1/26/2014
- The War of 1812 has been called America’s second War of Independence. Local historians Dick Legrand, Duncan Oliver and Bob Leaversuch talk about Cape Cod’s role in the war.
- MLK Community Breakfast – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Ken Fontes, Unit Director of the Boys & Girls Club of Wareham, discusses the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Breakfast.
- MLK Day Celebration – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Pastor John Terry, Of The Federated Church Of Hyannis, Discusses the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observation, the state of race relations and hearing Dr. King speak.
- Plymouth Through Time – Sunday Journal 1/19/2014
- Author James W. Baker discusses his book ‘Plymouth Through Time’ and how the town has changed over the decades.
- Green Building – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Matthew Cole, President and CEO of Cape Associates, and Nicole Goldman, founder of ‘g’ Green Design Center, discuss how to use green technology in building projects.
- Possible Third Bridge – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Capt. Thomas Bushy advocates for a third bridge over the Cape Cod Canal to provide access to and from the Cape.
- Astro Buddies – Sunday Journal 1/12/2014
- Barnstable High School Astronomy Teacher Mike Gyra, Centerville Elementary School third grade teacher Deb Brunelle, and Barnstable High School Senior Maddy Childs discuss the Astro Pen Pal Program.
- Storm Readiness – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- Charles Noyes, Emergency Management Director for the Town of Bourne, discusses ways Cape Codders should be prepared for any major storm.
- Design Based Business – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- Jay Coburn, of the Community Development Partnership, discusses their upcoming forum, “The Art of Growing a Design Based Business.”
- Bee Population Decline – Sunday Journal 1/05/2014
- John Beach, President of the Barnstable County Beekeepers Association, discusses the causes and impacts of Colony Collapse Disorder.